Battery Storage Incentive enrollment details
The Battery Storage Incentive program has ended. If you reserved a spot in the program prior to April 30, 2021, and your reservation or application did not expire before April 30, 2021, here’s what you need to know:
- Ninety-day reservation period: Once SRP has confirmed you are eligible, you'll receive a unique 90-day reservation code, which gives you three months to work with a licensed contractor and submit the required Distributed Energy Resource (DER) application to SRP. If SRP does not receive those interconnection forms before your 90-day deadline by July 29, 2021, you will lose your reservation.
- Six-month commissioning period: Once SRP receives the interconnection forms, you will have six months to commission the battery system and complete the installation. During this time SRP will work with you to help keep the installation process moving. No incentives will be paid for battery installations commissioned after Jan. 31, 2022.
- Final commissioning of the system and incentive payment: SRP approves the final commissioning of your battery system, and the incentive check will be mailed to you within six weeks of commissioning.
- Batteries are not considered on-site generation, and customers with battery-only installations are not eligible for SRP's solar price plans.
- This program works with all SRP residential electric price plans, except M-Power. Eligible customers on M-Power will need to switch to a different price plan to participate, due to current meter technology associated with M-Power. Only customers on one of SRP's solar price plans, or grandfathered solar customers with a net metering rider, qualify to receive SRP bill credits if their battery sends energy back to the grid.
- Program participants will agree to be available for relevant research studies with SRP to evaluate the battery system and its impact on the grid and customer satisfaction. Research will generally focus on two uses of battery storage systems: 1) as backup power, and 2) for peak reduction. Additional focus areas, such as system configuration comparisons, may also be added as the research unfolds. This research could last up to two years, within the first three years after the battery system is installed.