Helping you keep the power on
SRP understands the significance of keeping you in service, especially during Arizona's hot summer months. We care about your safety, which is why we have many programs and resources in place to help you in times of need. We're also constantly enhancing our efforts to help keep you in power.
If you are having difficulty paying your electric bill for any reason, we encourage you to notify SRP as quickly as possible so we can make arrangements that can help you avoid a worsening financial situation. Call us 24/7, even on holidays, at (602) 236-8888.
Our experienced customer service representatives and customer resource counselors have considerable flexibility to meet your unique needs and go to great lengths to keep you in power, including granting payment extensions if you request additional time to pay your bill.
You can also request an extension online through your My Account. Payment extensions provide additional time past the due date for you to pay your bill. You are eligible for up to six extensions per year.
SRP's customer resource counselors also work closely with community action agencies to assist customers with possible utility assistance as well as other critical needs, such as food, and are empowered to suspend all credit action against an account while they are providing assistance to our customers.
SRP goes to great lengths to avoid disconnection by providing a reminder letter and optional texts and email alerts when a bill is due or has gone past due. The SRP Power and M-Power apps also provide optional billing notifications. For M-Power customers, the in-home-display emits an audible alert when there is $10 of power remaining.
Power will not be disconnected if a credit customer has a past due balance less than $300 this summer.
If an account is disconnected, SRP customers typically reconnect within 24 hours. After 48 hours, SRP representatives make outbound courtesy calls as an outreach to customers.
When the National Weather Service issues an excessive heat warning, SRP voluntarily suspends all disconnection activity. This includes M-Power customers.
M-Power is a voluntary prepaid electricity program that serves about 159,000 customers, making it the largest program of its kind in North America. With an in-home display and no pre-set purchase amounts or schedules, the program enables customers to better manage usage and stretch their budget.
The typical customer who moves to M-Power trims electric usage by 12%. Customers who become delinquent on credit billing have the option to voluntarily elect M-Power. The delinquent amount is then paid down over time, with a percentage of each purchase applied to the arrearage. In this manner, M-Power is an excellent program to keep customers in power.
SRP is doubling the number of credit advances we'll provide M-Power customers this summer from two to four per month.
We understand that the use of in-home medical equipment makes reliable electric service crucial to you. That's why we offer the Medical Preparedness Program to keep you notified and prepared for any potential planned outages. You can now enroll more quickly in the program. Enrollment is immediate upon request, with a 60-day follow up period to complete the application process.
SRP's Safety Net Program allows you to designate a third party, such as family members or friends, to be notified if your bill becomes past due. Call us at (602) 236-8888 to learn more about the program and see how to enroll you or someone you care about. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7.
Yes. If your household income is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level, you can take advantage of the SRP Economy Price Plan to receive a $23 credit applied to your monthly electric bill, amounting to $276 per year.
- Custom Due Date. You can select a billing date, customized to your schedule, that works best with the timing of receipt of your income from work, pension, social security, welfare or other sources.
- Budget Billing. This plan smoothes the seasonal highs and lows of your electric bill to help you better manage your budget. Customers may elect this program at time of turn-on or any time thereafter. The ideal time to enroll is during the winter months, when bills are typically their lowest. This gives you time to build up a credit to offset the higher summer bills.
- eNotes/My Account. We believe that being informed makes it easier to manage your energy usage. You're able to view your prior day’s usage (and all available daily history for up to 36 months) online and to receive periodic emails and/or text messages projecting your monthly electric bill based on month-to-date energy consumption.
- Bill Payment Assistance. SRP encourages its customers to participate in SHARE: Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy, a program administered by the Salvation Army to help fellow customers in crisis pay their energy bills. In addition, SRP matches, dollar-for-dollar, customer contributions to SHARE with a contribution to the Home Energy Assistance Fund administered by the Arizona Community Action Association (DBA Wildfire).
- Payment Extensions. All of our customer service reps are empowered to grant payment extensions to you if you request additional time to pay your bill. Customers are eligible for up to six extensions per year.
- Resource Counseling. Our customer service reps identify customers with crises and refer them to our in-house resource counselors. Our counselors work closely with community action agencies to assist customers with possible utility assistance as well as other critical needs, such as food. Most important, our counselors are empowered to suspend all credit action against an account while they are working to assist our customers in securing agency assistance. We are proud of our counseling program, which handles more than 58,000 customer inquiries annually. It is unique in the industry and highly regarded by the community action agencies.
- Disconnect Moratorium. We realize that heat can be harmful. We voluntarily suspend all disconnection activity when the National Weather Service issues an excessive heat warning. In addition, we do not disconnect during holidays. This includes M-Power customers.
- Account Access. Customers can view account status any time on My Account, through the SRP apps, or by phone 24/7.
That's just the start
While our current policies and procedures provide numerous options to protect our customers, we've been closely examining opportunities to enhance existing practices and collaborate with community action agencies. SRP will continue to review our policies and procedures to identify other actions for the benefit of our customers and the communities we serve.
Need assistance? We're here to help
SRP encourages customers who are experiencing difficulty paying their electric bill for any reason, to notify us as quickly as possible so we can make arrangements that can help avoid a worsening financial situation. Call us 24/7, even on holidays, at (602) 236-8888. We're here to help.