SRP Drive Electric
The road ahead is electric. Put your gas budget to better use, skip the morning traffic and help drive Arizona toward a more sustainable future by choosing an electric vehicle (EV).
5 reasons to switch to an EV
- Save money. Enjoy lower registration fees, no oil changes and best of all — saying goodbye to burning money on gasoline. See the savings .
- Save time. Qualifying EVs can join Arizona's energy efficient plate program to get full access to the carpool lane .
- Less maintenance. Fewer moving parts mean fewer breakdowns, repairs and parts replacements.
- Instant torque. Only EV drivers know the joy of rapid, responsive acceleration made possible by an electric motor. Try it once, and you'll be hooked.
- Like a breath of fresh air. EVs are virtually noiseless and emit zero smog or direct emissions. Experience peace and quiet like never before.
I want an EV. Now what?
Hit the road and start saving in four simple steps.
Step 1: Shop
Find your dream car with the resources below.
- Browse the U.S. Consumer's Guide to Electric Vehicles , to discover the newest models, including the EPA estimated driving range and charge time.
- Find detailed report cards and reviews of new and used models at Electric Cars Report and Green Car Reports .
- Limited time offer: SRP customers can save up to $3,500 off MSRP for a new Nissan LEAF.
Step 2: Save
Potential savings depend on the EV model, when you charge and your SRP price plan.
- Use the EV savings calculator to find out how an EV compares to a standard vehicle.
- Consider the SRP EV price plan to get low overnight prices perfect for EV charging.
Step 3: Charge
Charging your EV is easy. Here's where to start.
- Get your home charging station set up with our handy installation checklist.
- Find public charging station locations using plugshare.com or Alternative Fuels Data Center .
- Encourage your employer to install workplace EV chargers through SRP's rebate program.
Step 4: Join
Join our EV community to receive a $50 Amazon reward and access special offers and opportunities.