Contact customer newsletters
Para ver las ediciones más recientes de nuestro boletín informativo en español haz clic aquí.
Helping protect our feathered friends
Data collected by eagle GPS units last year
Max. speed: 85 mph
Max. altitude: 8,958 feet
Longest distance traveled in a single day: 228 miles
Farthest destination reached: Saskatchewan, Canada
(1,318 miles from nest)
Pole wraps and longer insulators on power lines may not mean much to most, but to birds flying around the Phoenix metro area, they could make all the difference.
SRP has been installing this equipment since 2015 as part of a research project aimed at making our power lines safer for birds. When installed, the pole wraps and longer insulators provide a shield around areas of the line where the animals are more prone to making contact.
Bald eagles were the subject of an effort last year when we partnered with the Arizona Game and Fish Department to fit the birds with GPS units. Our biologists want to understand and ensure the safety of urban nesting eagles by tracking their activity.
Protecting Arizona’s natural resources is at the heart of our mission. For more than a century, we have been working to limit our impact on the environment. By leading innovative efforts, we are helping build a better Arizona. Learn more at srpnet.com/wildlife.
How you can help
If you spot a bird in trouble in or around an SRP power facility, call (602) 236-BIRD (2473). Elsewhere, Arizona Game and Fish advises alerting a wildlife rehabilitator.
SRP MARKETPLACE: A NEW ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
We're always looking for new ways to help you save energy and water. That's why we are excited to introduce SRP Marketplace, an online shopping experience where you can research and purchase energy- and water-efficient products for your home.
As an SRP customer, you have exclusive access to special discounts and instant rebates on connected home devices, WaterSense®-certified products, LED bulbs and more. Shop when it's convenient for you from your desktop, tablet or phone. Visit srpmarketplace.com to find out more.
Did you know?
Staying in the know could help you save. SRP offers account alerts that can help you manage your budget and stay on track in the new year. Receive weekly bill estimates, find out when you exceed spending limits you set, or be reminded when your bill is due.
It's easy to set up:
- Sign up for online access at srpnet.com/myaccount.
- Log in to your account and click on the "Update preferences & eNotes" link under My Account Quick Links.
- Click the Contact Information & eNotes tab.
- Select the alert subscriptions you want and choose from text or email delivery options.
Safety information for you
Now that the weather has cooled down, we encourage you to follow these home heating guidelines:
- Plug space heaters directly into wall outlets and position them at least 36 inches from anything flammable.
- Make sure the heater has an automatic shut-off.
- Turn heaters off when you leave the room or go to bed.
Check out srpnet.com/safety for more tips.
TEACHERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR SRP EDUCATION GRANTS
Know a teacher? We offer grants for Arizona educators who are looking for ways to engage their students in the classroom. The SRP Classroom Connections program consists of:
- Learning Grants by SRP, which provide funding up to $5,000 per school for projects and programs that incorporate innovative teaching strategies in math and science and meet performance standards as dictated by the Arizona Academic Standards.
- Social Studies Grants by SRP, which support the enrichment and enhancement of classroom instruction in the disciplines of history, geography, civics, government and economics and meet performance standards as dictated by the Arizona Academic Standards. Up to $2,500 is available per educator.
All educators at public and nonprofit private schools in metropolitan Phoenix, Pinal County, Gila County, Yavapai County, Page, St. Johns and Navajo Generating Station community chapters are eligible for SRP Classroom Connections grants. Applications are due Feb. 28, 2019. Visit srpnet.com/grants to learn more.
SRP contributes more than $1.3 million to education initiatives, grants and partnerships throughout Arizona, in addition to providing free training and resources to educators throughout the state.
Help your neighbors
SRP partners with the Salvation Army to provide energy assistance to those in need through SHARE — Service to Help Arizonans with Relief on Energy. We match your contributions to SHARE up to $275,000 per year. This money goes directly to the Home Energy Assistance Fund, which helps limited-income customers pay their energy bills.
How you can contribute to SHARE
- Add exactly $1, $2 or $5 to your SRP payment.
- Complete our online form at srpnet.com/share or call SRP at (602) 236-8888 to make a one-time contribution or set up a recurring monthly donation.
- Write a check directly to SHARE and enclose it with your SRP payment.
Flushing money down the Toilet?
Small toilet leaks that go unnoticed can waste up to 10,000 gallons of water a year, which is enough to fill a backyard swimming pool. As one of the Valley's largest suppliers of water, SRP reminds you to check for leaks periodically in three easy steps.
- Remove the tank lid and in-tank toilet cleaners, if necessary.
- Drop a few drops of food coloring in the tank.
- Wait 15 minutes; do not use the toilet. If dye color appears in the bowl, you have a leak.
If your toilet was installed before 1992, consider changing it out for one with a WaterSense label. These toilets reduce the amount of water used for each flush. For more water-saving tips, visit srpwater.com.
HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON
The holiday season is in full swing, and it's one of the busiest times of the year. If you have questions about your account, SRP is here to help. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even during the holidays. Call us when it's convenient for you at (602) 236-8888.
As a reminder, in observance of the Christmas and New Year's Day holidays, all hours Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 will be lower-priced for SRP Time-of-Use™, SRP EZ-3™, Electric Vehicle, Residential Demand Pilot or Customer Generation price plans.
WE'D LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU