Contact customer newsletters
Para ver las ediciones más recientes de nuestro boletín informativo en español haz clic aquí.
SRP BECOMES CERTIFIED AUTISM CENTER
More than 3.5 million Americans are living with an autism spectrum disorder, according to the Autism Society, and many of those are adults who often struggle to find employment that supports their needs.
To help solve this growing issue, SRP is the first water and power organization in the country to become a Certified Autism Center™ (CAC).
Granted by the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards, this certification demonstrates that SRP is committed to bringing a more diverse pool of employees to the table.
“SRP is always looking for ways to become a more inclusive employer, and becoming a Certified Autism Center supports that aim wholeheartedly,” said Stephanie Winn, Manager of Talent Acquisition.
Early in 2019, SRP was the first company in Arizona to partner with The Precisionists Inc. This allows SRP to create job opportunities for people on the autism spectrum, harnessing their special talents and providing valuable employees for the utility.
Since the partnership began, SRP has employed 11 associates through the program and plans to expand it across the company.
PAT’S RUN: RACE DAY RIDES
The first 500 SRP customers to visit the SRP booth and show any SRP mobile app during the three days of bib pickup will receive a free Valley Metro “Race Day Ride” pass.
Bib pickup dates and hours: April 15, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.; April 16, 9 a.m.–7 p.m.; and April 17, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Location: Look for the SRP booth with our electric vehicle on display.
Customers will be given a free pre-activated round-trip light rail/bus pass on race day, Saturday, April 18. For more information on the light rail/bus routes and schedules, visit valleymetro.org. valleymetro.org.
FIX A LEAK WEEK
Are you ready to chase down leaks? According to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) WaterSense program, the average household’s leaks can account for nearly 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year, and 10% of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day.
As one of the Valley’s leading suppliers of water and an EPA WaterSense partner, we promote Fix a Leak Week March 16–22. But remember that you can find and fix leaks inside and outside of your home to save valuable water and money all year long.
Common leaks to look for:
- Worn toilet flappers: Put food coloring in your toilet tank. If it seeps into the bowl without flushing, there’s a leak.
- Faucets, pipes and hoses: Fixing faucet leaks can save up to 140 gallons a week.
- Irrigation systems: Inspect all components of your watering system, from the backflow preventer to the valves, for standing water, soggy ground or eroded soil. If you have a smart controller, check that the program settings are correct.
For additional water-saving tips, visit srpnet.com/conservation
PAY YOUR BILL AND MORE WITH OUR APP
The SRP Power app provides you with access to your SRP account whether you’re at home, out of town or on the go. Our friendly, fast and convenient features include:
- Payments: View your balance, make payments quickly and securely, save payment information and schedule payments.
- Daily Cost and Usage: Get a snapshot of your energy costs and usage by the hour, day and month.
- Report and View Outages: Report an outage or use the interactive outage map to see areas without power, the number of customers affected, the cause of the outage and estimated restoration times.
- Account Alerts: Stay informed with weekly bill projections and other notifications about your bill, payments and power outages.
Download the SRP Power app through the Apple App Store or Google Play.
THROW SUMMER A CURVEBALL BY ADDING SHADE SCREENS
We all know that summer brings a lot of heat which can enter your home in different ways. In fact, half of the heat that makes its way into your home comes through the windows. This makes shade screens one of the most effective and affordable energy efficiency upgrades. While blocking heat gain, shade screens can protect your home’s interior from sun damage, provide added privacy and cut cooling costs by up to 20%.*
SRP is offering customers a rebate of $0.80 per square foot on professionally installed shade screens to keep their homes cooler during Phoenix’s summer months. Visit srpnet.com/shade to learn more and find a contractor visit srpnet.com/shade
*Results may vary based on orientation, size of window(s) and screen material.
Go to srpnet.com/treeprune for more details.
DID YOU KNOW?
Since 1998, the first full week of March has been promoted as National Consumer Protection Week (NCPW), with a focus on protecting Americans from scams, identity theft and other unfair and fraudulent business practices. March 1–7 marks the 22nd annual NCPW and SRP is proud to join forces with Utilities United Against Scams.
Keep these tips in mind so you can easily spot a scam. Scammers will:
- Pretend to be from SRP It may even say it on the caller ID.
- Threaten power disconnection. They’ll threaten to turn off your power unless a payment is made, usually in an hour.
- Demand payment. They’ll ask for payment with prepaid cards such as MoneyPak and Vanilla or with cryptocurrency such as bitcoin.
SRP will never demand immediate payment, threaten same-day disconnection or accept prepaid cash cards or cryptocurrency as payment, whether over the phone or in person. Learn more tips to keep you safe at srpnet.com/scam.srpnet.com/scam
PLANT SPRING SAVINGS
One of the best times to plant trees in your yard is during the spring. What’s even better is free trees! Attend a Shade Tree Workshop and receive up to two free shade trees for your home. Plus, you’ll learn how and where to plant your trees so your house can receive optimum shade and energy savings. To sign up for a workshop or to learn more, visit
Upcoming Shade Tree Workshops:
- March 14: Glendale Public Library (This workshop is also available in Spanish.)
- April 4: Apache Junction Highschool
- May 2:South Mountain High School
- May 9: Mesa Community College, Dobson Campus
TOUCHDOWNS FOR TEACHERS WRAPUP
The Arizona Cardinals’ season may have come to an end in late December, but teachers in the Valley are still benefiting big from grants through SRP’s Touchdowns for Teachers program. For every Cardinals touchdown during the season, two teachers received a $500 classroom grant from SRP. We finished out the post-season with four additional teacher grants, bringing our grand total donated directly to teachers to $40,000.
Here are the total touchdowns for the season and grant dollars for teachers:
Season touchdowns = 38
GRANT DOLLARS FOR TEACHERS = $40,000
Visit srpnet.com/touchdown to learn more about the program and see the list of winners.