Solar for Nonprofits application period is now closed
The Solar for Nonprofits program gives back to the community by installing a solar energy system at a nonprofit's headquarters, helping reduce operational costs.
Through SRP's Solar for Nonprofits, nonprofit organizations can apply for a free solar energy system. This year's application process is now closed.
Congratulations to AASK foster care agency - the 2021 recipient of a new solar energy system donated by SRP customers. Read press release. AASK will receive:
- A free solar energy system
- A shade structure for solar to go on top of
- Installation of the above
- Two years of maintenance
AASK located in Chandler, AZ.
Nonprofits must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Be a designated 501(c)(3).
- Have headquarters that are located within SRP's electric service territory and be an SRP electric customer.
- Own the building or parking structure on which the solar energy system will be installed. If there is no parking structure, own the parking lot where a structure can be added. SRP will cover the expense of adding a structure.
- Be willing to work with SRP or an SRP-selected contractor to install and begin operating the new system.
- Be willing to sign a standard SRP solar power and interconnection agreement.
- Allow a preliminary site survey at the building/parking lot to be conducted by a contractor selected by SRP to verify that the site is suitable for the installation.